Up and coming stars of the banking industry will be honored at the New Leaders dinner the night before the BankHorizons conference. Nominations will close on October 6. Winners will be chosen by an independent committee, and will be notified by mid-October. Please nominate an individual who should be considered for this year’s recognition. Self-nominations are also acceptable.
To be eligible all of the following requirements must be met. An individual must:
- Work in a bank in New Jersey
- Be of age 40 or under at any time in 2017
- Be an outstanding employee, manager, or business leader
- Be making a notable impact within their bank and community
The key to a well written nomination is providing the selection committee with specific information illustrating how the individual’s achievements have had a positive impact on the organization’s business or mission goals, their volunteer time and dedication to improving their communities. The number of examples is not as important as ensuring that the nominee’s contributions match the appropriate award criteria. (500 words suggested)
Support the opening statement with specific examples that address the award criteria and elaborate on why the nominee’s accomplishments are worthy of the award. These examples should include outcomes, results, and/or activities “above and beyond” the nominee’s job description. Include qualities that make this person outstanding, and that are relevant to the award criteria. Consider answering the “who, what, when, where, why” in your supporting statements:
What did the nominee do (e.g., projects, activities)?
• Projects and/or activities above and beyond the nominee’s job description
• Any challenges or issues encountered and overcome
How did they do it?
• Initiative and/or Leadership
• Creativity and Innovation
What were the results and/or impact?
• What did the nominee’s efforts accomplish?
• Are there specific benefits that the bank derived from those efforts?
Describe in detail why you feel this individual should be considered for the New Leaders in Banking honors. Include topics such as: business acumen and specific accomplishments within your organization, charity and volunteer activities outside your bank, community involvement and improvement.